1 ½ lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
½ – 1 head cabbage, chopped
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 ½ cups tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. cooking fat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt cooking fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook until brown.
- Place cabbage, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in the skillet, stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cabbage is soft. Enjoy!
Inspired by https://paleoleap.com/old-fashioned-cabbage-roll-skillet/