2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 head cauliflower or 2 cups cauliflower rice
Seasonings of choice (options: powdered garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper, salt, pepper, etc.)
3 cups pizza sauce
Variety of pizza toppings (options: fresh basil, olives, tomatoes, chopped zucchini, mushrooms, chicken, bacon, sausage, onion, garlic, etc.)
3-4 cups grated organic cheese (Provolone is especially delicious)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place eggs, cauliflower rice, mozzarella, and seasonings of choice in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Mixture will not stick together.
3. On parchment-lined cookie sheet, using a spoon, place several scoops of cauliflower mixture onto parchment paper. Don’t try to form a ball with your hands – it won’t work. Once on the parchment paper, use your fingers and the spoon to smooth out the edges slightly.
4. Bake 15 – 18 minutes or until slightly browned and not soggy. Do not overbrown. Egg may run which is ok.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
6. Leaving cauliflower crusts on the baking sheet, top with pizza sauce followed by ingredients of choice. Don’t be afraid to pile them on!
7. Place grated cheese on top, piling very high. Should have a tall mound on top.
8. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are warm. Serve and enjoy!
* To make cauliflower rice, remove flowerets from stem. Place in in food processor and pulse, pulse, pulse. Check your progress after every 2-second pulse to monitor the texture. Aim for the size of a grain of rice. Avoid overfilling the work bowl or you'll risk having mush on the bottom and chunks on top. This technique is lightning fast, turning cauliflower into minced bits in a matter of seconds.
Courtesy of Joanna Sutton
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!