1 small rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat cut in small squares or shredded (about 4 cups)
4 slices bacon
1 (1 ½ inch) piece ginger, peeled, cut into very thin matchsticks
1 head of green leaf lettuce, cut crosswise into ½ inch-thick ribbons
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Dressing (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. tahini
1 Tbsp. white miso
2 teaspoons of fish sauce
¾ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Pinch of sugar
4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, divided
1 large egg yolk
¾ cup sunflower or olive oil, divided
1. Cook bacon in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, turning slices occasionally until brown and crisp, approximately 5–8 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels; allow to cool.
2. Fill small saucepan with water; bring to boil. Carefully place ginger matchsticks in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, and rinse ginger under cold water; set aside.
3. Whisk soy sauce, tahini, miso, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and 2 Tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
4. Whisk egg yolk and remaining 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine then very gradually stream in ½ cup sunflower of olive oil (almost drop by drop), whisking constantly until emulsified and thick. While continuing to whisk, gradually add soy sauce mixture, then remaining ¼ cup oil. Thin dressing with a Tbsp. or two of water if needed; you want it to be the consistency of heavy cream.
5. Toss chicken and ½ cup dressing in a large bowl to coat. Add lettuce and another ½ cup dressing and toss again; season with salt and pepper. Crumble bacon over.
6. Transfer salad to a serving bowl or platter and drizzle another Tbsp. or so of dressing over salad (you may have some leftover). Top with scallions, sesame seeds, and reserved ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!