½ cup semi-pearled farro
1 large egg yolk
3 drained oil-packed anchovy fillets
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
¼ cup grapeseed oil
6 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
½ head broccoli, stem peeled and trimmed, very thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandolin
½ small red onion, very thinly sliced, rinsed, patted dry
1 Persian cucumber, sliced 1/4 -inch thick
2 Fresno chiles, thinly sliced
¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup mint leaves
5 radishes, thinly sliced
2 oz. young Pecorino, shaved
1. Pulse farro in a food processor until half of the grains are cracked.
2. Cook farro in a medium pot of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until al dente.
3. Drain and rinse under cold water. Spread on a cold plate and chill.
4. Blend egg yolk, anchovies, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and 1 garlic clove in a blender.
5. Gradually stream in grape seed oil and 4 Tbsp. olive oil until dressing emulsified and creamy, then add oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss broccoli and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl. Finely grate the remaining garlic clove and toss with broccoli. Let sit for 15 minutes.
6. Add onion, cucumber, chiles, sun-dried tomatoes, and cooled farro. Add dressing according to taste and toss gently. Add mint and toss again.
7. Serve salad topped with radishes and Pecorino. Enjoy!
Inspired by www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cracked-farro-and-broccoli-salad
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!