½ roasted chicken, shredded
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 Tbsp Paleo cooking fat
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
juice of ½ lime
½ ripe avocado, sliced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan bring some water to a boil and add the cubed sweet potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender. Drain the water and set the sweet potatoes aside for later use.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cooking fat with olive oil. Once melted, add the onions to sauté. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent the onions from burning.
3. Add the garlic, cumin as well as salt and pepper to the pot. Mix well and cook for another minute.
4. Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add in the shredded chicken, followed by tomatoes, lime juice, cooked sweet potatoes, and cilantro. Immediately remove from the heat. Allow the soup to sit for at least 5 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors some time to blend.
5. Serve warm topped with the avocado slices. Enjoy
Inspired by https://paleoleap.com/mexican-chicken-soup/
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!