2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more
1- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Celtic Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 small bunch mustard greens, ribs, and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon honey
4 6-ounce skinless, wild-caught salmon fillets
½ small shallot, very finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon honey
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. capers, rinsed, patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 250⁰F. Brush a large baking dish with oil.
2. Combine chickpeas, cumin, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl. Mash half chickpeas with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer chickpea mixture to prepared baking dish.
4. Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, stirring until fragrant. Add mustard greens and cook, tossing until slightly wilted. Add honey and ¼ cup water, season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing until greens are completely wilted. Transfer to the dish with chickpea mixture.
5. Season salmon with salt and pepper, arrange over greens and chickpea mixture. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Place in oven and bake until salmon is opaque in the center, 30-35 minutes.
1. Whisk shallot, lemon juice, mustard, and honey in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
2. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook capers until opened and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
3. Drizzle cooked salmon with vinaigrette and top with capers. Enjoy!
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!